Dr. HaRyun Won is a Gynaecologist specialising in minimally invasive surgery, including laparoscopic and da Vinci robotic surgery.
Dr. Won grew up in Sydney and is a graduate of the University of New South Wales where she attained Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. She also completed a Masters of Medicine at University of Sydney. She worked in general medicine and surgery before commencing training as a specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. During this time, she developed a passion for minimally invasive surgery in Gynaecology and undertook a further two years of Endo-Gynaecology fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at the Royal Hospital for Women.
Dr. Won is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
She has published original scientific papers in numerous international peer reviewed journals and has presented at conferences both nationally and internationally which has been recognized with multiple awards.
Dr. Won is an accredited training supervisor for Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and Australian Gynaecological Endoscopic Society (AGES), as well as a Senior Conjoint Lecturer of the University of New South Wales; involved in the ongoing teaching and education of specialists trainees and medical students.
Dr Won speaks fluent Korean.
• Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
• The Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy Society
• American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists
• Australian Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
• UroGynaecological Society of Australasia
• Australian Medical Association
• Medical Board of Australia
• Royal Hospital for Women - Specialist Gynaecologist VMO
• Prince of Wales Private Hospital - Specialist Gynaecologist VMO
• University of New South Wales
Senior Conjoint lecturer, School of Women’s and Children’s Health